The Full Moon in Scorpio invites us think about how we move towards mastery. This tarot reading for the full moon reflects on ways to embrace our power.
Here are some thoughts on this Full Moon in Scorpio from Mystic Mamma to set the scene for the energies available to us:
*FULL MOON* in SCORPIO opens a gateway to our truest depths, where we can really tune in to our hearts deepest desires, and gleam our truest reflection.
If we can take this time to sit with ourselves, and be truthful about all we reject and deny, we can uncover, untangle and reclaim ourselves in our fullness.
We are both light and shadow, dancing and meeting each other in each other, to be ultimately reconciled within.
This dance is one of mastery, a blossoming and continuous unfoldment…
Scorpio reminds us to take pleasure in the journey and allow our watery depths to surface, cleanse, heal and empower.
I love the words “this dance is one of mastery”. The word ‘mastery’ has been floating around me for a while now, especially around ‘invitation to mastery’. This is a phrase from Colette Baron-Reid’s The Enchanted Map oracle guidebook that spoke to me deeply some time ago and has stayed with me.
This Scorpio Full Moon provides a fabulous opportunity to work with our intentions, our long-held goals and to step into our power. It seems to be about light and shadow, reconciling opposites and moving on and through.
Full moon in Scorpio tarot reading tools:
It’s important to get the tools that feel right for the journey to tarot guidance. Though of course your intuition and the Full Moon itself are a fabulous start and the most essential ingredients!
For my reading for the Scorpio Full Moon I worked with:
This Scorpio Full Moon tarot spread by Sam Roberts aka @escapingstars on IG:
The Sakki Sakki tarot deck by Monicka Clio Sakki which is still my favourite tarot deck especially for questions around creativity. My overall thoughts and questions for this time were focused on entrepreneurship, creativity and success. So a perfect match!
It was a quiet morning with a lime, basil and mandarin candle and lots of thoughts of how to make this creativity of mine into a new career, life and lifestyle.
So here’s the reading laid out on a beautiful piece of linen, hand sewn by my mother, because she is all important right now, it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday, and I’m thinking of her love and strength.
I pulled the cards one by one as I like the mystery of discovery and interpreting each card in itself and then putting the narrative together. But first up – look at all those Swords! Three cards from the suit of Swords and five of the cards have swords featured. And I’m sure The Chariot driver might even have a sword hidden somewhere in his belt!
Swords are all about the intellect, strategy, cut through, getting the story together – the mastery of it all. As an INTJ in Myer-Briggs personality preference, swords (closely followed by Wands) are my favourite suit in tarot. And the Queen of Swords who appears here is the card that most aligns to my core personality. Introverted Intuition is a dominant gift for me but it’s combining that intuition with the intellect where I can really shine.
And with three Major Arcana cards also: The Chariot, The Emperor and Justice – there’s some really strong energy here to work with about breaking through, taking leadership, getting organised and balancing competing energies to get something really special happening.
Tarot reading – card by card:
So here’s some deeper thoughts, card by card, in relation to the questions. I mainly worked intuitively with some key supporting words from the Sakki Sakki tarot guidebook.
1 Which area of my life needs to be valued more? The CHARIOT
- bringing together diverse interests
- balancing light and shadow
- managing polarities positively
- driving forward with strength
Key words from the Sakki Sakki tarot: combining thought and feeling: “how conflict can be resolved positively through struggles in our own psyche”
One of the key things I have been experiencing and working on this year is this managing of polarities, especially between thought and feeling. This card says it’s time to work those opposites and harness them into something that is uniquely me and values this.
2 How can I best get my needs met? The EMPEROR
- bring in some of that yang, masculine energy!
- be organised, take control, practice leadership, self-leadership
- be active, not passive or waiting for others, take the lead
- marshall my resources, call the shots
- get those organising principles sorted, set the framework
- get some order and structure in place
Key words from Sakki Sakki tarot: “The Emperor is the rational mind controlling creative flow and emotions, maximizing their potential within a framework.”
It’s true – I need a framework for my days and routine even if it’s a flexible one. I need to work out how to manage and balance my different needs and those of others. I need structure to reach my vision and goals as well as meet my own self-care needs. And it’s about taking the lead more in my life, that self-leadership, that will enable me to do this and get my needs met.
3 What depths within myself need to be explored in order to move forward?
PAGE OF SWORDS
- listening to myself, those thought bubbles and creative ideas that come
- dance with them a little more, play with the intellect and ideas to connect them
- bring forward new opportunities by being agile and tapping into my sources of knowledge and using them in new ways
- creative innovation
Key words from Sakki Sakki tarot: alert, versatile, quick-minded, well-informed, charming inside and outside
This is interesting. I know that the INTP from Myers-Briggs is the sort that has eight books on the go – with lots of ideas and opportunities to connect them. And I do feel that energy right now. I need to tap more into this well-informed body of knowledge, the intellectual and emotional value built up over time from all that I have read, experienced and learned. And I need to work out ways to share that to move forward. It’s things like combining books, coaching, MBTI, writing and tarot in unique ways to serve and support other people as well as myself on this journey.
4 What aid comes from the Universe to guide me? QUEEN OF SWORDS
- energy of thought, intellect, discernment, power of the mind
- ability to cut through to what matters, to weave a path through a thought jungle
- ability to create a strategy for creative entrepreneurship
- success through clarity of thought
- trust, stop doubting and commit
Key words from Sakki Sakki tarot: wise, intellectual, independent, courageous, learning through painful experiences.
It’s always exciting when a card you strongly relate to comes in as aid from the Universe to guide you. Perhaps it’s always so but I do need the Queen of Swords and her INTJ thinking about feelings right now. It’s about digging into my own brand of unique wisdom and thought but feeling into it as well. I need to let my intellect take the leadership in this self-leadership journey as all the swords are suggesting. But it’s wisdom from spirit and strength to cut a swathe to balance those polarities into a life and creative path that is uniquely mine. It’s intellectual ideas and playing with them creatively, Page of Swords style!
5 What boundaries must I create for myself ? SIX OF SWORDS
- energy at a time of transition
- knowing what to take forward, what to leave behind
- moving on through grief, sadness so that positive energy can come through
- keep water around me, space around me so can travel creatively where I need to go
- space for creative spiritual journeys
- boundaries and supports around balancing self-care whilst caring for others
Key words from Sakki Sakki tarot: spiritual journey, travel, release of anxiety, progress in spite of past difficulties, advancement through detachment
The Six of Swords is the card that symbolised this new life journey in my Welcome message to my new Quiet Writing site. It’s a beautiful card of transition and crossing the water, and taking some things on board and leaving others behind. It’s a time of creating boundaries around energy and self-care too. These are all things I have been experiencing and learning through coaching and through working with intuitive healer Amber Adrian. It also reinforces that home, where I am surrounded by water, is healing and critical to my health and creative wellbeing.
6 What needs to be done NOW to lay the foundation for my higher vision of my Self ? JUSTICE
- getting balance and alignment in my life
- using that energy of the swords to create discernment, strategy and cut through
- make the path and settle any transition issues that I can resolve so I can move through
- decide on portions of time and focus, adjust priorities and restore balance in line with my goals
Key words from Sakki Sakki tarot: balance: “Justice is Wise, and holds the Sword that slices up everything into fair portions. To achieve balance and fairness, sometimes you have to give something up – other times you have to accept more.”
Justice suggests it’s time to work with the swords to identify the best apportioning of my time in line with my priorities. This is a theme throughout this reading. It suggests that it’s a fluid process in line with this Scorpio Full Moon energy and that I need also to remember to enjoy it all. Do the work, set the framework and identify the priorities but include joy and fun in there as well. Creativity is joyful and as the words from Mystic Mamma above reminds us,
take pleasure in the journey and allow our watery depths to surface, cleanse, heal and empower.
Ways to embrace mastery
So are your thoughts also around mastery of a skill or project and how to make your creativity into a new career, life and lifestyle?
If so, here are some questions around this prompted by the Scorpio full moon, the tarot spread by Sam Roberts and reflections on my own tarot reading.
They are around embracing mastery and getting back into the driver’s seat in creativity and entrepreneurial plans.
Journal or brainstorm around them to help your own dance of mastery begin to unfold further at this time of opportunity:
- What is it you want to master and why?
- Where do you have comprehensive skill and knowledge and how can you step into that more?
- What will help you be the leader of this creative project – Emperor-style?
- Where can you practice strong self-leadership?
- What polarities or diverse qualities can you balance or bring together in a unique way?
- Where is the light and shadow in your life and what can they bring out in each other in your project or creative work?
- What areas of your life do you need to value more, Chariot-style, where you might be breaking new ground?
- Where are you not trusting your strong natural or developed knowledge and skill? How can you tap into this more?
- How can you best get your needs met and set some boundaries? Is it more structure or less? Is it a rigid or flexible framework? Do you need more routine?
- Danielle LaPorte has a series of wisdom paradoxes in her new White Hot Truth book and summarised here. Think about paradox as a key to mastering a project or skill and feeling balanced: How can you have vision and go with the flow? How can you be open-hearted and have clear boundaries as you work?
- Where you can take pleasure in and enjoy this journey to mastery?
Wisdom from The Chariot
And here is some final wisdom from The Chariot via the Art of Life Tarot:
May the unique vision and value of what you love be the energy that propels you to new places of mastery. May you share your loves with us and may you enjoy the dance.
Full Moon image from pexels.com and used with permission and thanks.
Keep in touch
Quiet Writing is on Facebook – Please visit here and ‘Like’ to keep in touch and interact with the growing Quiet Writing community. There are regular posts on tarot, intuition, influence, passion, creativity, productivity, writing, voice, introversion and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
Subscribe via email (see the link at the top and below) to make sure you receive updates from Quiet Writing and its passions in 2017. This includes MBTI developments, coaching, creativity and other connections to help express your unique voice in the world. New opportunities and special offers coming soon including probono coaching opportunities.
If you enjoyed this post, please share via your preferred social media channel – links are below.
You might also enjoy: