Here is a little about me, Quiet Writing and what I bring to coaching:
Hi, I’m Terri Connellan and I live and write in Sydney surrounded by beach and bush. I work in creative bursts between the spaces of a leadership role in the adult vocational education sector. A published poet with qualifications in language and literature, teaching and adult education, I have a passionate interest in books and the reading and writing process including journal writing, poetry writing, literature, adult literacy teaching, and reading and writing as personal growth.
Quiet Writing is the summary of my passions and Core Desired Feelings of:
creative, intuitive, flowing, poetic and connected
“The Artist is still an Artist even behind the closed curtains. Being an Artist is a process, not a state.”
Quiet Writing is about the strength that comes from working quietly in writing and other spheres to create, coalesce, influence and connect. It provides an opportunity to muse and reflect on my core values of creativity, intuition, resilience and strength, and the interplay between them. In this, I draw on and connect my various experiences and interests as well as connecting with others who share them.
I gain great heart from reading about the journeys of those who seek and enjoy things like creativity, the gifts of introversion, authenticity and celebrating a reading and writing life, and especially hope to celebrate the lyricism of this in my own journey and in connecting with others on similar journeys.
I am an introvert, an INTJ, interested in the power and value of quieter ways of being and working in contexts such as writing, leadership, influence, innovation, productivity, planning, strategy and managing introversion in public roles.
I’m very influenced by my surroundings and I choose to live by the sea in a quiet place that is my sanctuary and sacred creative space.
I love engaging online through e-courses and e-communities and enjoy learning via podcasts. And I so love Instagram and my creative kindred souls in that space. I have a keen interest in family history and historical fiction. I have a great passion for the intuitive arts like astrology, tarot, oracle cards and symbolism and am a huge fan of Carl Jung. I love the depth of these exquisite adventures each day.
Key influences, connections and reading, writing and personal development projects include:
- Susannah Conway’s e-courses such as Blogging from the Heart, Journal your Life and The Inside Story‘ and her inspiring journeys on building a heart filled business and life
- Danielle LaPorte’s everything and especially The Desire Map, her energy, passion and constant encouragement in creativity
- Joanna Penn’s ‘The Creative Penn‘ generous and informative blog, resources and podcasts and the model of her business and writing life
- Susan Cain’s book, Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talking and The Quiet Revolution which helped me make sense of so much
- Sage Cohen, writing mentor and author whose books including ‘Writing the Life Poetic‘ and ‘Fierce on the Page‘ are always close to hand
- Victoria Smith, my creative buddy and life coach, who inspires me always with her mojo, wise words and magic
This blog was initially called Transcending and it is contained intact within Quiet Writing with all its history as that journey has led to this one. The spirit of Celebrating the extraordinary power of the ordinary self: strategies for rising above, cutting through and connecting continues in Quiet Writing as a secret power and all of the work created in Transcending is entirely resonant with the theme of quiet writing.
What I bring to coaching
I’m choosing to focus on career and creativity coaching and I bring to that extensive experience in adult and vocational education, certification in MBTI/personality type assessment and a passion for creativity, writing and books that drives everything I do. Here is just some of the experience I bring to the role:
- 30+ years’ experience in adult vocational education including 16 years as a teacher of adult literacy
- Leadership experience – I’ve been a senior leader in adult vocational education for nearly 20 years. I’ve created vision for and led staff groups of up to 3000 people successfully through times of change.
- A passion for creativity and innovation – whether it be through my own writing or leading others to be more creative and innovative in their work.
- A love of literature, language and reading – words and books are at the heart of Quiet Writing and my work.
- Strong intuitive skills backed up by practical techniques including a deep knowledge of tarot and oracle cards and also of personality type assessment via certification in the Myer Briggs Type Indicator tool, the Majors Personality Type Inventory.
I look forward to connecting with you and learning from you and I encourage you to connect with me as we quietly write our unique voices into the world.